Free University Writing Center Links
There are at least a dozen good on-line writing centers. Take some time to familiarize yourself with each of them. When you find a topic (like misplaced modifier) that causes you trouble, you can see several different examples by reviewing what each has to say.| Campus Map | Administration | Library | Lecture Hall | Student Support Center |
A well organized place to start is A Guide to Grammar and Writing by Charles Darling, professor of English/Humanities at Capital Community-Technical College.
The Purdue University Writing Lab recently expanded to include Resources for Writers . Browse this site and be sure to click on index of handout for over 100 documents on writing skills.
Other sites you should at least review are:
- Univ. of Victoria Writer's Guide
- Empire State College: The Writer's Complex
- LEO (literacy education online) from St. Cloud St. University takes a different approach that you might find interesting.
- Rensselaer Writing Center, a very complehensive set of handouts
- Univ. of Texas Writing Center
- Univ. of Michigan OWL
- Gilchrist's Page for Essays, Research Papers, and English Studies at Indiana State University.
If you want to go exploring, see the page from the National Writing Centers Association Writing Center Handouts a major compendium of on-line writing center handouts organized by general topic.
|Computer Center | Student Union | Outside Resources |